Wednesday, January 12, 2011

BEAUTY. (I can finally post this now that it's done)

In our speech communication class, we were tasked to make an abstract word a little bit more concrete by making a short presentation. My partner and I opted for the simplistic PSA approach. I would say everything went well except for the fact that once again TECHNOLOGY has let me down... You see alongside the PSA speech thing, I also prepared a Musical Picture Slideshow to drive our point further into the minds of our audience, but sad to say, the room we used didn't have a projector so instead of a Musical Picture Slideshow, we ended up having background music with a PSA type thing.... WEll, surprisingly it still went well... HAHA. though I would have loved for the chance to have the video play I'll just take what I can get :) Anyway, it was still good... :)

So here is the piece entitled What is Beauty that we used for the presentation:
BTW. "JARED" is the name of my partner for the presentation... :)



WHAT IS BEAUTY?
Leana Isabel Vibal


LEANA: Beauty- What is beauty?

JARED: Every day we are bombarded by the media with images that instill upon us a stereotype of what it takes to be considered beautiful

LEANA: But does it mean that if something doesn’t fit into what is perceived by most to be beautiful then that something is no longer appealing?

JARED & LEANA: NO! It doesn’t work that way.

JARED: Beauty isn’t about a muscular body and a rugged face

LEANA: Nor is it about a skinny body and a sweet smile.

JARED: Beauty isn’t about having color, design and style

LEANA: Neither is it about perfection

JARED & LEANA: DEFINITELY NOT!

JARED: Beauty is an attribute possessed by anything that exists in this world that provides a perceptual sense of pleasure or satisfaction.

LEANA: Meaning everything and everyone possesses some kind of beauty. Meaning EVERYONE in this room is a manifestation of the beauty of the world.

JARED: but whether or not that beauty is appreciated is relative.

LEANA: Because what is beautiful for you may not be beautiful to someone else.

JARED: Remember BEAUTY ISN’T ABSOLUTE.

LEANA: Just like what David Herbert Lawrence says "Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.

JARED: So every once in a while, tell yourself I am beautiful.

LEANA: because you are, YOU PERSONIFY BEAUTY IN YOUR OWN SPECIAL WAY.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My professor called it short and simple which was exactly what I was going for when I wrote the piece. Because, just like beauty, things need not be overly embellished for it to be considered GOOD or APPEALING sometimes  SIMPLICITY is the BEST POLICY :P

No comments:

Post a Comment